Friday, February 15, 2008

2 weeks

Tomorrow Pasquale celebrates two weeks of life outside the womb. He is doing really well - a very healthy little boy. Lisa, our midwife, came over last week for his one-week checkup and he had already re-gained the normal post-delivery weight loss and was up to 8 lbs. 11 oz.

Sam has been off work the past 2 weeks, but unfortunately will be going back to the office on Monday. We work hard together to keep up with all the breastfeeding, diaper changes, spit-up wipe up, making meals, laundry, etc. Sam has been taking wonderful care of me while I build blood and rest. FYI, Lisa also tested my blood and my hemoglobin level went up to 9.25 from 7.0 in one week! That is speedy! I'm taking lots of iron, Chinese herbs (dong quai), teas, etc. to get myself back into the groove.

Also, my midwife's assistant was kind enough to dry and grind my placenta, so I can encapsulate and take them in pill form which I feel is working very well to ward off postpartum depression, anxiety, blues, etc. You can read more about this at Placenta Benefits. I highly recommend looking into this - postpartum depression is serious and quite overwhelming. It's not something you ever want to have, especially when you have a little baby to care for.


...Pasquale loving the bath...
...Pasquale loves the sunshine...
...the boys...

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

yep, he's still really cute!

February 15, 2008 at 9:59 PM

 
Blogger Megan said...

Pasquale is so adorable! I can't believe how much he's changed already. He looks so comfortable in the world.

February 21, 2008 at 11:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home